10min FREE SAMPLE - Training Loads and Load Management Masterclass by Dr Tim Gabbett
This is a FREE 10 minute preview of the Training Loads and Load Management Masterclass featuring Dr Tim Gabbett and Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist Mick Hughes. This FREE preview highlights a snapshot of Tim's 25 years of experience as a high performance consultant to elite athletes, and Mick's clinical experience managing workloads in ACL injured patients. To watch the whole 2 hour Masterclass packed full of more great learning opportunities, go over to the video on this site!
Join Dr Tim Gabbett and Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist Mick Hughes for a 2 hour discussion on Training Loads and Load Management. In this 2 hour Masterclass, Tim and Mick discuss the current literature on Training Loads and how best to get a higher level of performance out of your athletes and patients, and also reduce the risk of injury and subsequent injury.
1. Understand Sackett’s hierarchy of evidence and the difference between empirical evidence and opinion
2. Understand how load, load-capacity, and health interact to impact performance
3. Understand how training load and physical qualities interact to impact injury risk
4. Understand how acute and chronic loads can be manipulated to progressively overload athletes
5. Understand how moderators influence the relationship between load and injury
6. Understand the different methods of calculating chronic load and the acute:chronic workload ratio, and the implications of each method