Training Loads Masterclass by Dr Tim Gabbett
Join Dr Tim Gabbett and Sports Physiotherapist Mick Hughes for a 2 hour discussion on Training Loads and Load Management. In this 2 hour Masterclass, Tim and Mick discuss the current literature on Training Loads and how best to get a higher level of performance out of your athletes and patients, and also reduce the risk of injury and subsequent injury.
1. Understand Sackett’s hierarchy of evidence and the difference between empirical evidence and opinion
2. Understand how load, load-capacity, and health interact to impact performance
3. Understand how training load and physical qualities interact to impact injury risk
4. Understand how acute and chronic loads can be manipulated to progressively overload athletes
5. Understand how moderators influence the relationship between load and injury
6. Understand the different methods of calculating chronic load and the acute:chronic workload ratio, and the implications of each method